Thursday, December 10, 2009

I started taking YAZ birth control and now I am 4 days late getting my period could I be pregnant?

I started taking the YAZ birth control in January and I have read about numerous people getting pregnant off that birth control. I am now 4 days late getting my period and am never ever late. I have taken home pregnancy tests and one from the doctor and they all come up negative. Is there a chance I am still pregnant or am I just scared. Has anyone else had problems with YAZ



I started taking YAZ birth control and now I am 4 days late getting my period could I be pregnant?classical music



Yes, and since its a low dose birth control the chances are even greater. Make sure you call you ob and get seen asap. Birth control is not good for the baby if your still taking it. They can also do a blood test and tell you for sure. Also, it may have just messed up your cycle and you might not be pg. Give the dr a call to find out for sure.



I started taking YAZ birth control and now I am 4 days late getting my period could I be pregnant?ms stress opera theater



well they do advise with ANY birthcontrol that for the first month you use another form of bc as well. so it could be possible
my girl was wondering a bout raz...she not going on it now
Birth control or not... if you've done the deed then there is always the chance you will be pregnant.



As for being four days late, there are several possibilities:



1) Ovulated Late.



Even if you do normally have a consistent cycle, there is always the possibility that your cycle is different this month, especially if you have started taking a medication related to birth control.



2) Didn't Ovulate



It's possible you are completely skipping a period. I know that back in collage, DW had a particularly stressful class that her cycles shut down until the class was over (sort of like how many athletes stop having periods).



3) Pregnancy/Miscarriage



You got pregnant, but almost instantly miscarried. That means you body started to act like it was pregnant, but by the time you went for a blood test, the level of Hcg was below the line that is considered 'pregnant'.



If both a HPT and the doctor have said negative so far, odds are that you are not pregnant and it's just a temporary symptom of either starting the BC or some other change in your life you've recently experienced. Til AF shows up, you won't know for sure. If you haven't started in about 5 days, try another HPT.
I am on Yaz an dhave been for 3 months now. I always started my period on time until I started taking Yaz. I asked my doc about it and he said since Yaz has 24 active pills instead on just 20 like some other birth controls, it could cause your cycle to be thrown off until your body gets used to taking the 24 active pills. You're not alone!



As far as being pregnant, you can get pregnant on any birth control. You have to take it properly to make it work properly. Hope this helps!!
Probably not, I was on Yaz, and my period would come a week early, so it will take time for your body to get used to it. I ended up switching because of it... but give it some time, its only been a month.
You could always be. There is some controversy surrounding that particular pill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd