Thursday, December 10, 2009

Why are people not getting married or marrying now in their late 20's to late 30's?

I mean here in the USA. Why are people getting married so late in age now?



Why are people not getting married or marrying now in their late 20's to late 30's?playhouse



I am in my mid-20's and I just don't feel ready to settle down or make such a life long commitment right away. If I ever do get married it probably won't be until my late 20's early 30's. I am still young and I still want to experience certain life lessons and goals on my own before I enclude someone on my journey through life.



Oh and just for the record I have a boyfriend and we have been together for a year and ahalf.



Why are people not getting married or marrying now in their late 20's to late 30's?plays opera theater



Why is 20-30s considered late?
I'm getting married in a couple of years hopefully. Maybe by the end of this year. I'm 21. I would say that people are getting married when they're older b/c they want to make sure they're financially stable to take care of a family or they're just not ready yet.
because they are smart. They want to accomplish other things first - such as having fun, traveling, going to college, etc.
What are those old geezers thinking with getting married now, they are just so old! LOL!



Actually, that's really sad when getting married and having children in your thirties is considered "late."



I'm 24, I guess it's too late for me, huh? I guess I should of got knocked up when I was 14, married some guy because I thought I was in love with him, got pregnant again, dropped out of high school and had 4 more kids. Yeah, right.



It sickens me to think that when I get old, I'm going to have one of these numbheaded kids of this generation taking care of me while I'm in a nursing home...
Because there is a lot of life to live before I get buckled down and I live the married life. I don't want to be my parents right now, I want to be 22, experience life and do what I want. I want to be free to go places and take trips and spend the weekends with friends. I have a whole lifetime ahead of me to be married, have a career and have kids and do that whole thing. I want that eventually, just not right now.
Well, today is my 30th birthday and I just got engaged two weeks ago. The reason I waited so long was because I wanted to establish myself as a whole before I became half of a marriage. I never wanted to be in a position where I would be completely crushed without a man. So I graduated from college, got a job, bought a house, got a better job, and now . . .I'm ready.
People are getting married later now because they want to get their college degree and be facially stable before getting married.
From a historical perspective - several reasons.



1) Today's economy requires a significant amount of the population to go to college and get an education (delays marriage).



2) Women aren't property (and therefore are not forced to marry).



3) Women can work at a job that supports them (and therefore do not need a husband to survive)



4) The culture of the U.S. is encouraging people to extend adolescence further than 18 years... is encouraging people to find themselves and focus on themselves when they are young (hence the answers - i want to hang out w/ my friends, go places, not be my parents, have fun, etc).



5) The culture of the U.S. has also encouraged both men and women to get a career first and a family after that.



6) There is nothing taboo about being in your upper 20s and being single (unless your mom really wants grandkids, lol).



7) Living together and having children without being married has much less stigma than it did say 50 years ago (and therefore there is less pressure to have a wedding)



8) Many people don't really believe in marriage anymore (and therefore will live together before marriage)



9) Technology has made it easier to have children in your early 30s (but there is still a significant risk of having a baby with down synrome after age 35).



10) People are living longer - and putting off this part of their life because 40 is the new 30.
Because people are becoming more and more selfish. They're not happy f((king one person in their life. They want to f***k at least 5-6 people in their life.
Marriage is a big step. Not everyone is cut out for it. You have to be committed to that one person forever most marriages including mines failed in less than a year.



Most people want to be stable before they tie the knot money wise and be ready to live with someone while sharing bank accounts, credit and possiblity of having a family.



They're more divorces than marriages now a days and that's scary but true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd